The Deadline to Apply for HHS Provider Relief Fund is August 28th, 2020
As of August 10th, 2020, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has re-opened the application window for certain Medicare providers to request Provider Relief Funds (PRF) for up to 2 percent of their total patient care revenue. While the Phase One application window for PRF funds closed on June 3rd, the application window for Phase Two is set to be open until August 28, 2020.
Eligible providers for Phase Two funding can submit their application online, and is open to providers who missed the Phase One deadline or were ineligible at the time due to a change in ownership.
Who is an Eligible Provider For
Phase Two PRF?
1. Providers who were ineligible for the Phase 1 General Distribution because:
- They underwent a change in ownership in calendar year 2019 or 2020 under Medicare Part A; and
- Did not have Medicare Fee-For-Service revenue in 2019.
2. Providers who received a payment under Phase 1 Distribution but:
- Missed the June 3 deadline to submit revenue information – including many Medicaid, CHIP, and dental providers with low Medicare revenues that assumed they were ineligible for additional distribution targeted at Medicare providers or had planned to apply for a Medicaid and CHIP specific distribution; or
- Did not receive Phase 1 General Distribution payments totaling approximately 2 percent of their annual patient revenue.
3. Providers who previously received Phase 1 General Distribution payment(s) but rejected and returned the funds and are now interested in reapplying.
If you qualify, don’t forget to submit your application for additional funding before the August 28th deadline.
How To Apply
The first step in the application process is to create an Optum ID, in order to access the UnitedHealth Group Portal. By clicking on the link above, you’re taken to the main application portal page.
If You Already Have an Optum ID
Click the blue Sign In button in the upper right corner of the page.
If You Don’t Have an Optum ID
- Click Set Up Optum ID from the main page.
- Choose the first option.
In order to create an Optum ID, you’ll need to fill out the form that follows.
To Complete PRF Funds Application You’ll Need
There are three things you’ll need to complete the application:
- Your TIN (Taxpayer Identification Number)
- Your revenue and tax information
- Within 90 days of receiving funds, you must return your signed attestation both confirming receipt of funds and also agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of payment
It’s important to note that the CARES Act Provider Relief Fund Payment Attestation Portal will guide you through the process. Also, if you do not return the payment within 90 days of receiving the funds, it’s considered an acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
If you need more information about the Provider Relief Fund Program, you can visit the HHS Provider Relief Funds website.